<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Progressive Homeschool
Welcome! We practice science-intensive evidence-based education.

Carnival of Homeschooling Week 38

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
I was invited to participate in this week's Carnival of Homeschooling, very exciting! I have run community events on my other blog, Nika's Culinaria, but have been really low key with this blog.

Welcome to all you new visitors from the CoH!

The featured post for my part of CoH is a post I did on Phylogeny and Evolutionary Biology.

I hold a PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology and was trained with mechanism and biological networks as a very prime concept. There is no holistic understanding of Biology and many sciences without an understanding of the evolutionary relationships between chemical species, molecular species, organism species, ecosystems, and other meta-level systems. Its a very complex and beautiful thing.

I hope that more homeschooling families embrace science more fully if for no other reason than to immerse themselves in what can be an infinitely interesting universe.

After all, it IS our universe, might as well revel in it's beauty!

I created this blog out of a need and desire to meet like-minded progressive homeschooling families out there. I have "met" many and each has been a dear wonderful person and family. My only regret is that we are all so darn busy that I dont have a stronger relationship with my fellow progressive homschoolers. I continue to blog in the hopes that it WILL happen, eventually :-).

This blog is a documentary at times of what my older daughter Q is doing, what her little sister KD is doing, what I am doing, sometimes its off topic political comments, sometimes its science and math and geography.

I dont know if readers are put off or appreciate the uneven texture of the blog but thats just the way my mind and our lives work!

I am due to have the third and last addition to our family in the middle of October (hope we make it to full term) and then I am hoping to get to a few meta-homeschool projects.

Without a hard commitment but rather a statement of intent, I am hoping to:
- get our homeschool electronics concept more launched
- I am also working on an online classroom (based on Moodle) that will, with the help of everyone who is interested, provide an online co-op experience driven by parents and children
- continue with our podcasts
I appreciate you visit, drop a comment, inroduce yourself!

::
10:31 AM :: 4 comments
4 Comments:
  • I'm not new, I've been reading your blog for awhile and I do love it. I just wanted to say congrats on your upcoming arrival.

    By Blogger Frankie, at 3:33 PM  
  • frankie: thanks for stopping by! Just a couple more weeks. *ticking of the clock*

    By Blogger nika, at 3:47 PM  
  • I didn't know you were expecting - congratulations!!!

    I love your blog - I think I've said a million times now :-) Hopefully someday we can meet up. Since we are kind of neighbors, at least by state.

    Your upcoming projects sound wonderful.

    Let us know how it goes with the little one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  
  • Melissa: We have to make it happen! Right now driving to the grocery store 10 miles away sounds like an epic adventure :-)

    By Blogger nika, at 6:41 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

nika :: permalink
>