<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Progressive Homeschool
Welcome! We practice science-intensive evidence-based education.

SparkNotes at Barnes and Noble

Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Ok fellow homeschooling educators, I wanted to share this resource which is just awesome.

Barnes and Noble has available something called SparkNotes which are study aids and thought-starters. These are also affordable (especially after you use your 20% off educator’s discount as a homschooling educator).

You can go here to see the main SparkNotes page.

They have study aids that cover many ways of studying and many topics.

Daily Spark
History Notes
Literature Guides
No Fear Shakespeare
SparkCharts
SparkCollege
Study Cards
Test Prep

We have started using several of these, including:

Writing (SparkNotes Daily Spark) $7.95 180 different activities, one for each day of the “school year”



Odyssey (SparkNotes) $4.95



Nervous System (SparkCharts) $4.95



and one on how to write book reports for which I can not find any links, sorry!

Check out the links!

::
2:45 PM :: 4 comments
4 Comments:
  • We use the daily journaling and the world religion daily sparks. :-)

    By Blogger Denise, at 6:39 PM  
  • Awesome.. I need to check out both of those. Its truely dangerous for me to go to B&N and we use Amazon too much!!

    Hope your homeschooling is going well.. I need to re-read your long reply to one of the previous posts to see if I have missed anything I should reply too.

    By Blogger nika, at 7:56 PM  
  • Did you see that Educator's Discount Week is coming up at B&N. I think it's nationwide. You might want to check with your local B&N. There's 25% off everything for the classroom. It's the week of Oct 15-23.

    By Blogger Kara, at 12:00 PM  
  • Kara: Thanks! Yeah I picked up their flyer and hope the budget holds up until then! (I am furiously doing what ever I can to make money .. same age old story :-))

    I wrote Amazon and told them about my lovely discount status at B&N and let them know how much business they are missing out on but Amazon wasnt interested. Their loss huh!

    By Blogger nika, at 10:38 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

nika :: permalink
>